Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Surprise Visit to Washington

Christian and I decided to make a quick trip to Washington to surprise Mom and Dad. They had no idea we were coming. We got kind of a late start and didn't get into Grandma and Grandpa Tingey's house until 3 AM. Kirsten and Grandma knew we were coming so they left the door unlocked for us. When we got inside we sneaked up to Mom and Dad's bedroom and Christian shook Mom a little and he said, "Hi Mom, do you know who this is?" She thought it was Kirsten so she was like yes I know who it is (thinking to herself why in the world are you waking me up at 3 in the morning??) So then Christian said, "Are you excited to see me?" She said yes still confused. Then Christian said, "There is someone else here who wants to say hi" so then I said hello and she jolted upright finally realizing who we were! It was so funny and her reaction was awesome. 

The next morning Christian and I got major spoilage because Grandma had made fresh bread dough for scones. Talk about delicious! We had fresh jam, honey, and my favorite..... fresh peaches!
There was a whole bowl full on the table so I lathered my scone in some butter and poured on the peaches. When I bit into my first fork-full I realized that the peaches were covered in salt. I was a little disappointed because they tasted... well salty, but just the day before Jon ate a grapefruit covered in salt (which was super weird to me) so I just assumed that the Burrup's loved salt on all their fruit. I didn't want to make a scene so I just poured on some honey to counter act the salty peaches and kept eating. 

Then once Christian took a bite his face contorted and he was like there is salt on these peaches! Dad had accidentally put salt instead of sugar! Hahahaha. I told them about my internal dilemma and they thought it was hilarious. So moral of the story is that Burrups only like salt on some fruit (and maybe only Jon likes it, who knows).  
  
Later that day we made the rounds to a few family members then we joined the Pratt's for some good old fashioned fun at the lake/river (I am still not very good at Washington geography especially when we leave the Tri-Cities) but we had a blast! Christian and I completely forgot to pack swimsuits so we may or may not have raided Laurel's closet a bit.Yes, Christian is wearing Laurel's soccer shorts... crazy dude! :) 




 Tanner LOVED the dried mangoes, but I can't really blame him, those things are delicious!!


Such cute people! I just love these two


This was my first time meeting Baby Weston! He is so so so cute! His face reminds me a lot of Tanner. It is so cute to see how much his brothers adore him. He is one lucky little baby :) 


The next sequence of pictures is my favorite! I was trying to get a cute picture of Austy without all the shadows in his face so I told him to face the sun and close his eyes, then on the count of three open them and I would snap the picture super fast!

This one is my favorite! 


Then on Sunday we got to go to Weston's baby blessing. It was awesome. They are such a cute little family. I hope I can be just  like Kirsten when I am a mommy someday. She is so cute with her boys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment