Thursday, May 19, 2011

Block Party

Jon and I went to a block party for the Museum of People and Cultures that is right next to his apartment. Attending that museum has been on our bucket list since last summer but for some unknown reason we have never found the time to mosey on over. However, we went to the little party and it was really fun. We were pretty much the only representatives of our age group. The majority of the attendees were little children and the little childrens' parents. We made a friend named Kirsten (she is 9). We also made bracelets, carved stones, and designed a pot. (And I ate some otter pops! Yay for free otter pops!)

I made his in a sweet pattern and he made mine in our wedding colors

It was a fun day for us... brought out our creative side that has been in hibernation for a little while.

Also there is an update on the book club. We finally finished The Lost Symbol, and are now on to The Secret Garden (one of my very favorite books!)  I liked The Lost Symbol, but the ending was pretty anti climatic. It is definitely time for a break from Dan Brown, so Frances Hodgson Burnett here we come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment